Double Nature Summit
Planning for regeneration and natural
carbon restoration at scale
May 22-25, 2023
Let’s build a regenerative economy – Together with fellow entrepreneurs, policymakers, investors, and scientists!
We have the chance to build a regenerative economy — a partnership with nature to remove carbon from the atmosphere while living in fairly distributed abundance within planetary boundaries. To accomplish this, we must start now and innovate together across sectors.
If you dedicate your life’s work to regeneration, expect to:
- Join the pioneers. Discuss regenerative methods and find relevant research.
- Connect with investors, pitch your ideas, and build partnerships with the people you need.
- Co-create your business’s regulatory environment with policymakers.
Investors & Businesses
If you want to make a real impact on the world, expect to:
- Discover regeneration and impact investment opportunities. Determine where investment is needed.
- Discover ways to make your business more regenerative by learning from pioneers.
- Know how a regenerative economy will affect your business and stay relevant by being an early mover.
If you serve the public good by balancing diverse stakeholders then expect to:
- Learn about the holistic benefits of regenerative practices and how policies can promote them.
- Discuss regenerative economy transition challenges and strategies to overcome them.
- Engage in cross-sectoral dialogue and build networks to collaborate and implement regenerative policies at local, regional, and national levels.
If you create the evidence base for the transition, expect to:
- Keep up with the most recent research in your field and understand what research is needed to foster practical application in regeneration.
- Connect with scientists and practitioners to foster interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Help apply your findings in business practice and policy decisions.
Preliminary day programmes are updated regularly. Sign up for updates here.
22-24 May: Four Domains – Deep Dive
Four domain-specific days will be held at different locations, each focusing on a different aspect of regeneration and natural carbon re-storation: land, ocean, rock, and construction. We will gather around construction-stored carbon on May 22, around the regeneration of oceans on May 23, and the land regeneration and rock-stored carbon conferences will be held on May 24. Please note that land day and construction day will be held in Dutch.
We will discuss the most recent practices and scientific findings. We will delve deep into the potential of regeneration and natural carbon removal and ask: What business cases can we base ourselves on? What are the main barriers to scaling across the value chain, and how can we address them collectively? Insights from these days will feed into the integration day.
Whether you are a pioneer, scientist, specialized investor, or simply interested in one of these fields, come join!
25 May: Integration Connection & Action
On the 25th, we bring all four domains together to work on common challenges and synergies. For this day, we especially invite investors, policymakers, businesses, and NGOs to join us and take a broader view together.
We will explore the crucial question of how we can contribute to a regenerative economy from our specific position in the ecosystem. What opportunities arise with the regenerative economy, and how can I use them?
Get a comprehensive overview of the state of the regenerative economy with reports from sector-specific conferences and keynotes. Gain skills and knowledge in in-depth workshops focused on your role in the system and work towards implementation in act-shops. Connect and network with your fellow regenerators – pioneers, entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers, and all the other change agents.
Some of the issues we’ll be looking into
Please note, this is a not for profit event. Prices just cover costs for catering, locations and organising. Climate Cleanup Foundation is grateful to the members and partners who enable and co-create this conference.
We don’t want the ticket price to hinder anyone. This is why the (strongly) reduced price applies to pioneers and students in the emerging regenerative economy. We can provide scholarships, so if you can’t afford the ticket but know you’d be valuable on the field, please contact us for a discount using the form below.
We love your input!
We believe conferences should be designed for and with participants!
So we are curious:
- What would make the conference a success for you?
- What would be of most value to you?
- What is your main problem/barrier?